+44 (0)1623 555661 Monday - Friday 07:30 - 17:30 Brierley Park Close, Stanton Hill, Sutton In Ashfield NG17 3FW

Minibus Driver CAT D1

You must pass another test before carrying passengers for hire and reward.
Minibus Driver


Before you can start your minibus driver training you need a medical and then apply for a provisional D1 licence. You can have your medical on a Saturday morning at our training centre. The fee is £90 included in our Starter Pack. If you choose to use our doctor, the forms will be waiting for you when you come for your appointment. Simply call to arrange your date and time. Or, if you wish to use your own doctor, order D2 pack from www.gov.uk/dvla/forms

Then complete the licence application form (D2) and send it with your medical and existing licence to DVLA. The licence is FREE and should arrive within a few days.

Or you can take our Starter Pack which includes medical, online theory training, classroom theory training, all theory tests at a discounted price of just £250.

Once you have your licence, give us a call to arrange your theory training and theory test. The training takes place at our purpose built, climate controlled training centre and the pass rate for those following this route is close to 100%. The theory test will be arranged at a DVSA test centre convenient to you.

Your practical training course is 10 hours spread over 2 days with your test taken at the end of your training at our private test centre at Stanton Hill. Plenty of training is required as the standard is exactly the same as for a “big” bus. All tuition is on a 1 to 1 basis so you get full, individual attention and preparation for test.

Peter Smythe Truck Driver Training Ltd. - Driver Medical



Another great service we offer for new drivers, licence renewals and Mansfield district council Taxi driver medicals. Our Doctor visits fortnightly on a Saturday Morning. Call the office to book your appointment. +44 (0)1623 555661

Drivers wishing to drive minibuses professionally are subject to the driver CPC regs as from Sept 2008. We will look after all this for you as well. . Please call for clarification of these confusing rules.

If you think you may need a licence for more than 16 passengers, then consider our CAT D course which will licence you for ANY bus or coach – from school bus to European tourer.

Remember that the course fee includes your tuition, test fee, vehicle for test and VAT.

FINANCE AVAILABLE – subject to status

Starter Pack & CPC are extra

PrerequisitesMedical - Provisional D1 Licence - CPC

for current drivers

periodic training

The driver cpc has been introduced with effect from Sept 2008 for drivers of buses and Sept 2009 for large goods vehicles (over 3.5 tonnes) , anyone wishing to drive a goods vehicle over 3.5 tonnes for their work will need to hold a driver cpc.

+44 (0)1623 555661

FINANCE AVAILABLE *subject to status